Directions to the Feis
1 Declaration Dr. Bensalem, PA 19020
Registration, Fees and Competition Levels
Registration & Fees
- Registration is now closed.
- Registration Deadline – April 25th (late fee until April 30th).
- Registration Fee: $15.00 per dancer ($20.00 for non-RTN dancers)
- Admission: $5.00
- Per Dance: $10.00
- Per Dance: $15.00
- Charity Reel: $5.00 (collected at stage)
This competition is being hosted by Celtic Flame School of Irish Dance (www.celticflameschoolofirishdance.com). Celtic Flame is a proud member of Rince Tuatha Nua Open Platform Organization. For more information on RTN and for full competition rules, please visit rtnirishdance.com.
The Philadelphia Fleadh
American Paddy’s Productions presents The 2016 Philadelphia Fleadh, The Philadelphia area’s biggest annual Irish-American Festival with 5 stages featuring live Celtic Rock, traditional music and dance, a Ceili, Feis at The Fleadh (an Irish Dance Competition), vendors, tons of kids activities and more! It is held at beautiful, picturesque Cherokee Festival Grounds in Bensalem Pa. This year’s entertainment includes:
- Jamison Celtic Rock
- The Shantys
- The John Byrne Band
- Celtic Connection
- The Paul Moore Band
- No Irish Need Apply
- Bogside Rogues
- The Kilmaine Saints
- Raymond Coleman Musician
- Alex Weir and Mikey McComiskey
- Mike Shackleton
- Birmingham Six
- Killen Clark
- West Of Galway
- Kathy DeAngelo and Dennis Gormley
- the Next Generation
In addition to live music, there will be a dozen food and apparel vendors, a Kid’s Zone play area, ceili dancing, and thousands of Irish-Americans from around country. Bring your instruments and dancing shoes to join the session workshops with world renowned experts or come relax in the Trad stage with live traditional music from top players from around the globe. Enjoy food, pints, shopping, a Ceili open to everyone from Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann, and much more!
This year’s Kid’s Zone includes a playground, bounce houses, zip lines, a rock wall, paintball target accuracy course and kids 12 and under are FREE with parents.
The 2016 Philadelphia Fleadh Festival has been chosen by Good Morning America as one of 5 Authentic Irish Events in the United States!
Advanced discount ticket prices for Feis at The Fleadh attendees are $18 for adults (use discount code FEIS2016 when ordering online). Kids 12 and under, as well as all registered dancers, are FREE! Tickets on the day of the event will be $30 at the gate. For more information about the Fleadh and to purchase discounted advanced tickets please visit Philadelphia Fleadh.
The 2016 Feis at the Fleadh’s registration is now closed.
Our anticipated schedule can be seen here
Any questions you have regarding the competition should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dancers may select as many options as they would like. Dancers are also able to dance at multiple levels. The dancers enrolled in the levels below will be separated into age levels (including adult level) – age groups will be combined to try to create groups of 5 or more dancers. Before registering for the competition, please refer to the complete Rince Tuatha Nua Solo Dance Rules for more information.
Solo Dance Options:
Beginner through Champion dance options are described below.
- First Feis: 1 step for a reel or light jig. Open to ages 6 & under
- Beginner: Reel, Light Jig, Single Jig, Slip Jig (32 bars/dance)
- Intermediate: Reel, Light Jig, Single Jig, Slip Jig, traditional speed Treble Jig and Hornpipe (32 bars/dance)
- Novice: Reel, Slip Jig, Treble Reel, traditional or slow speed Treble Jig and Hornpipe (32 bars/dance), Traditional Sets (right foot only for the set)
- Prizewinner: Reel, Slip Jig, Treble Reel, slow speed Treble Jig and Hornpipe (32 bars/dance), Traditional Sets (right foot only for the set)
- Champion: Reel (40 bars), Slip Jig (32 bars), Treble Reel (32 bars), slow speed Treble Jig (32 bars) and slow speed Hornpipe (32 bars), Traditional Sets (right foot only for the set), Modern Set Dance (right foot only for the set)